Okay, let’s be honest: the gladiator trend can be a litttttle intimidating at first. But don’t for one second let that stop you from rocking it—all you need is a little bit of styling advice to get you started. That’s why Style Expert Abby put together her fail-proof list of DOs and DON’Ts when it comes to the gladiator. Learn it and love it.DO
- Strike a balance. Wear knee-high gladiators with a mini to be fashion-forward without showing too much skin, or pair a basic neutral gladiator with a colorful outfit that pops!
- Embrace the heel. Pair ’em with dressy shorts for a night out, or use them to add edge to a ladylike dress or pencil skirt.
- Elongate your legs! Choose a gladiator style with a solid strip of leather that bisects the foot in the center. We want a vertical line on your frame to create a long and lean silhouette.
- Overdo it with the accessories. Statement shoes like gladiators do all the talking, so avoid wearing other big pieces that compete.
- Be afraid to spice it up. Metallics are huge this season, so incorporate rose gold for some originality and femininity.
- Overthink it. A simple, clean look can always be jazzed up with a gladiator—just focus on balance, and let the gladiator be the hero of your look. Then you can’t go wrong!